Saturday, September 13, 2008

Shown up by a pre-schooler


Like most Americans, our family set goals at the beginning of the year. We decided to each set 3, a reasonable amount. About once a month we take them out a Family Fight er..Night and see where we are.

Currently its Jenn=0 Jake=2+

One of his goals was to learn to read. He's been dilligently asking me what sounds different letters make, and I knew that he knew many of the sounds. So he comes home from preschool with a book. Not a difficult book mind you, but a bit harder than "Sam is a Cat". And he sat down with me. And he read the book. He struggled a bit. He needed help for "sh". And he read the book. So we went to the library, got some more books. And like his mother, he just can't keep his nose out of a book!

Guess I better get going on my goals. It's a bit embarassing when you lose to a pre-schooler!

1 comment:

Ultimate Poster Child for Optimism said...

Good luck Jenn and way to go Jake! Keep reading! I love that picture of Jake, I think it really captures his personality.