I am feeling fairly pathetic right now:(
I have this adorable niece- she calls me aunt Gem, how can I NOT adore her-who came over for just a few minutes yesterday while Jake was at Music Class with her mom. It's kind of a tradition we have. So I left her to play alone in the playroom while I went to change for work. I hear a big crash and knew that the very heavy toy box lid had fallen. Unfortunately the crash was followed by a scream and sobbing. I ran to my cute niece to find her thumb black and blue, swollen and bleeding. I took her back to my sister and offered to take her to the Doctor. My sister was great and said she would take care of it. Unfortunately my niece's thumb was broken and she will be getting a cast on it.
To add insult to injury, my niece had just that morning gotten a cast off the other arm from falling down at the playground:( and the night before, Jim and I had been discussing how we could get the lid fixed before someone hurt themselves on it:(
When the Doctor was wrapping the thumb, my niece started to cry, "I just want to use both of my handses"
So sweetie, I'm sorry about your thumb, Uncle Jim is fixing the toy box tonight! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment