Thursday, December 4, 2008

He's not ADD, he just...hey is that a computer game?!


A little after 1:30 this morning, I noticed all the kitchen, hall and family room lights were blazing. I knew they had been turned off a couple of hours before when I went to bed. Most people would think burglar, but I think "teenager forgot homework and is secretly afraid of the dark." So I go to see who I can help. To my great surprise, it is 9 year old Allen playing a computer game. I immediately send him to bed as he adamantly protests that it is just early in the morning, and no one is awake to be his online buddy. About 30 seconds later he is back at my bedroom door. "Mom, what I really needed was a breathing treatment."
He could barely breathe, but still managed to be distracted by the invitation of the computer!

No comments: