Saturday, December 13, 2008

"Gingle Bells"

You have to admit, Kids make Christmas!
So here we have Beck, age: nearly 3. He GETS Christmas this year. He's catching on that there are presents, and treats and, best of all for him...Music. This kid loves to sing. You just have to sing what he likes of he WILL tell you to stop... in no uncertain terms. Apparently he loves "Jingle Bells", but can't quite say it nor does he remember any part except for those two words. So we drive around running errands as he sings "Gingle, Bells, Gingle Bells,...Gingle Bells, Gingle Bells...Gingle Bells, Gingle Bells..." I think you get the picture. Occasionally he will let you sing along and take it past those two opening phrases, but then were back again to Gingle Bells. I keep thinking it's getting a bit old, but then strangely realize that I'm just so glad he's having fun with it that it's OK by me. He can sing all he wants, because probably someday (like in 12 years) he just won't sing at all and then I'll wish I could hear "Gingle Bells' one more time

1 comment:

Ultimate Poster Child for Optimism said...

I love that story about Beck! It reminds of when Allen would sing commercial jingles. I still see/hear a Subway or McDonalds ad think of him singing!