Saturday, January 17, 2009

Belated Christmas Update

I finally have a few minutes and thought I'd post the Christmas video. I broke every promise I've ever made to myself about video games and bought a Wii for the family. I justified it by telling Jim (and Myself) that the Wii is an active game, and I bought mostly active games to go with it (I LOVE outdoor adventure). Unfortunately the two favorites are Rock Band and Lego Star Wars, the two less than active games. Oh well, the disks have been know to disappear for a few days...lol!
For several weeks before Christmas, we told the kids that Christmas would be lean this year because of the economy. When they came down on Christmas morning, there was a small gift from Santa, one from a sibling and one from Mom and Dad. To their credit, no one said one word of complaint. Several of the gifts were videos, so we suggested that everyone go down and watch a movie together. We had the Wii all set up in the TV room and I went first to catch everyone's reactions. Some were not thrilled about having to watch a movie, and were more reluctant to come down, but eventually everyone but Jess came down. It was hours later before she knew we'd gotten a Wii:) So here is where I wanted to upload the video, but as usual, I'm having some hiccups!
I had to laugh, We'd played as a family at Thanksgiving, and the kids had been begging for a Wii. I reminded them in my Stern Mother voice, that I did not believe in video games and if they kept asking, I wouldn't let them play videos at friends houses, etc. The silence as they come in is absolute and total shock. They must have been wondering if their mother had been taken by aliens..!
We had a fabulous day playing online against our Southern Cousins on Christmas and during the remainder of the Holiday season.
I'll keep working on that video! LOL!

No comments: