Allen finally had his long anticipated surgery this past Wednesday. He had a pharyngoplasty (sp?) and and otoplasty. He's in a bit of pain, but has some good meds to help. The day after surgery when he was really hurting, I was trying to get him to take his pain meds. He started crying and asking "Why are they doing this to me? Why, Why? I'm already in pain." And then it dawned on me- he thought they were giving him medicine to HAVE pain. So I quickly explained that this was actually NON-pain medicine. It still hasn't been simple, but it has been easier.
A huge thanks to Grandma Litster and Aunt Debs for their help with the little ones that day, and my great friend Danna, who brought dinner.
We hope this surgery will make it easier to Allen to speak.
Thanks for remembering him in your prayers!
Harga Menu Warunk Upnormal 2018
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment