Monday, June 16, 2008

catching up

I realized that I had not blogged for weeks...ever since Allen's surgery. This is probably a relief to most of you. His surgery went well, and his recovery has been super. His ears look wonderful and he will be able to stop wearing the headband that makes people think he had brain surgery by next week. I think he'll be glad to get back to wearing his glasses, too. It has been so fun to have him marvel over his ears. He thinks they look very proud, and as he was missing some of the folds in his ear, he marvels at the new shapes, fold, contours and even "pits" in his ear.

Jake thought he was giving me the best Mother's day present ever when he announced that "The Deadliest Catch" (A Discovery channel show about Alaskan crab fishing) was having a marathon on Mother's day. He loves the show and was SURE that I would be enchanted to spend the day watching with him. He probably asked how much longer until church ended more times that day than the last year combined. I made it through a half hour:)
On that same day, the girls gave me a tile that said "Mothers tough the Future". Poor Bennett was so confused, and finally said, "I don't get it, of course Mother's touch the furniture!"

Jess got her driver's license...and a 20 year old car. I can get her to run the most dreadful of errands with joy in her heart. It is awesome!
Kate got her permit the same day. It makes me realize how much Driver's Ed and a 6 month (or more) learners permit helps!

Beck curretly believes he is a human tornado. Some of his favorite thing to do are a) pick up something breakable, wait 'til you are just out of reach, then dash it to the floor. b) sift powdered sugar wherever he can, whenever he can. c) break every egg in the fridge. and d) scream NEVER!!! whenever there is something he is not interested in doing. Fortunately he is darling, and that has saved his life on many occasions.

Addison often babysits a neighbor boy who is severely disabled. The little boy really enjoys having him over and Addison is really good and patient with him. The little boy has a half-brother (age 5) who visits often, and who is SURE that Addison is really Anakin. The brother calls all the time when he is visiting to see if "Anakin" can come and play!

Grace is growing like crazy. I almost wish she'd slow down. Actually I wish everything would slow down so I could just sit and rock her to sleep... and then just sit and hold her while she slept.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Jenn, I'm finally catching up on your blog! You could write all day & never get down everything that happens in your house. Whew! The best part of this entry was your typo - I'm know you meant "mothers touch the future" instead of "mothers tough the future," but let's face it - your spelling describes it MUCH more accurately!!!!!

Now I want "mother's tough the future" with a picture of you flexing your muscles on a tile.