So every year the neighborhood has a "Fathers and Sons Camp Out", conveniently shortened to "fathers and sons". I love this...in theory. I love the idea that Jim is not going out of town and leaving me with the kids for a few days. I love that we have a regular day. I either make sandwiches of they stop at a fast food place on the way out to the camp out. I love that they wear clothes they can sleep in and then just come home in the morning after breakfast. I love that the neighborhood supplies the breakfast, and I love that he takes the boys with him. In theory I love this because I can go to bed as soon as the baby is asleep. In theory I love this because there is no one next to me snoring or stealing covers. In theory I love this because I can sleep in. Theory is NOT reality. I am Cursed!
Four Fathers and Sons ago I had a brand new baby. I also had a daughter who thought it would be fun to have a girls night, so she invited a friend and her mom over. Bummer, no getting to bed early. We played a few games, had some snacks, and just as I was hoping they would go home for the night, the power went out...for like 3 seconds...and my daughters friends mother decided she was too scared to go home without her husband. I tried taking her home, to at least get jammas and toothbrushes, but she lasted all of 5 seconds in her house before running back out to my car in terror. Worse her daughters had a rehearsal at 7 am, so i had to get them up at 6 to get there. I found them all jammas, and I always have new toothbrushes on hand. But nothing like having hotel guests from around the corner.
Three Fathers and Sons ago I thought was going to be great. My daughters and a Friend and her daughter decided to go up to my Grandpa's Cabin for the night. Seemed like a good plan at the time. By the time, however, that we finally got the men off we were already 2 or 3 hours behind schedule. We promised the girls we would go shopping at the outlet stores on the way, which we did. We'd also promised them dinner out, but forgot that when you leave the city, everything closes by 9. We finally found a Panda Express that stayed open until 10, and had a dinner from whatever they had left for the night! We got to the cabin, too tired to do much, and again had to be out right after breakfast because of other pending stuff with the friends that day. Lotta drive for Little vacay!
Two Fathers and Sons ago, Bennett came home from school sick. He was SOOO excited to go , but there was no way I was letting him. He had No Idea how bad it is to be sick on a camp out. So I got everyone else off, but was home with a child who was up sick all night. I'd hoped to get some rest when Jim got home, but it was not to be. He arrived just before 7 am with the boys, two more of whom had gotten sick in the night.
And now for this year's installment.... Jim had a client event planned for last night. To his credit, he did not plan it, but was invited by someone else in his office to participate. It was very worth it, it was a lovely evening- after the caterers set up an hour late, and after the guest speaker arrived 30 minutes late. Apparently everyone was on artistic time or something. Anyway, and even that should have been over by 8 at the latest, didn't end till after 9. We sent the two older boys down with friends and the tent, so they'd be set up when Jim got there with the other two boys. Katie had the two little ones in bed when I got home. Should have been great. Kate ended up sleeping over at a friends, and Jess went to a movie with some friends. Still OK, I can doze while I wait for her to get home. Then I get a text with some worrisome news. I really want to talk to someone about it, but Jim should be making camp. So I text my sister who is 2 time zones earlier than I am, just in case (she is an insomniac for which I was very grateful last night!), After a few texts back and forth, I settle down a little bit and sign off. But now I'm worried, so I'm still awake when Jess gets home at 1. I finally settle in, just time to have Grace wake up. She had some down with a cold in the few hours since bed time, and never sleeps well when she has a cold. She was up a few more times in the night but not as bad as I expected. All was finally going well, I was working on the sleeping in part of the adventure. But at t:45 the phone rings. CURSES! One of our neighbors had called the day before to see if her son could get a ride home if Dad was called in to work. I assured her that was fine. Well, dad got called in at 3 (which probably means he woke Jim up to tell him he was leaving- he probably got no sleep either *evil laugh*!) and mom was running a marathon, and was beginning to panic that her son might be afraid or get left or something. So I called Jim, everything was OK, they boy was with him, all was well. So I called the mom back, she was now fine. But now all the commotion woke Grace up. So I got her up and changed and then she was ready to go back to sleep...but not me. I am now WIDE awake. I tried to go back to sleep but to no avail. So here I am, lamenting The Curse of Fathers and Sons... I guess there really is no rest for the Wicked LOL!
Harga Menu Warunk Upnormal 2018
8 years ago
1 comment:
Oh man! That stinks!!! You really need a good night away, we should plan one up in park city or something!!
Post a Comment