So I've been in a bit of a funk lately, (one that was NOT improved by the BYU loss this weekend). But then some things happened. We went to dinner with our best friend from college the other night. We did something with he and his wife probably 5 days out of seven during our days at BYU. Tragically, they've had not much but heartbreak ever since. Then I was visiting a favorite friend's blog where she'd listed things for which she was thankful. It got me thinking about all with which I had been blessed. As if to really emphasize the point, yesterday's RS lesson triggered the memory of Pres. Eyring's talk about a a journal recording moments when we see the Hand of God in our lives. So really, eventually I can take a hint:)
So this week, between shopping and baking, I'd like to reflect on the things for which I'm truly thankful . Today I'm thinking about people...
1. A truly remarkable husband. The fact that he's stuck around for so long ought to say something! He's patient and kind, provides well for our family, and has the patience of Job -especially when it comes to me. He not perfect, but he's perfect for me.
2. Amazing parents who raised us right, and set the standard high.
3. A grandma who taught me how to be strong and faithful to the end, and who was gracious in receiving service.
4. a Grandfather who exemplifies clean, honest and simple living, and who is kind and gentle to those around him and loves the Lord.
5. A sister who is also a best friend
6. 8 amazing and darling children. I know, I know, I grumble and worry about them, They cause me stress and grief. But I am also the happiest when I am with them, and I love them and Cherish them. I'm getting scared for the oldest to leave-it isn't far away- and I want them to stay with me. I like having them around.
7. My friend Cyndi
8. My Friends from work, K&A. I could hardly bear showing up if it weren't for them.
9. Good in-laws. Life would be bad without good in-laws. We get along!
10. Friends from long ago that left an impression even though we've seen each other little or none since then; Marlo, Linda, Pam(s), Maureen, Kori, Jean, Lezli, Trudy, Jen...
11. Friends from now that steady my life; ( I started to list them and after 28 names, realized I'd leave someone out and feel terrible, so know if you are my friend, I'm grateful to you, and if I know you, you are probably my friend.)
12. An amazing pediatrician!
13. The Drive 'n' Load people at the grocery store :)
Ok that's a good start for today. Happy Thanks-giving
Harga Menu Warunk Upnormal 2018
8 years ago
2 comments:
You are the best! Miss seeing ya and talking with ya!
I love you, Jenn! Loved your comments as well! You are the kind of person that makes me say, "I am her sister, aren't I so blessed?" I mean that in a sincere, not sappy or cheesy way....
Post a Comment