Now we have cleaned up the peanut butter and are trying to move on with our day. I'm on the phone with Jim when I hear SERIOUS fussing from the upstairs playroom. I run up to find...You guessed it -Grace covered in Peanut Butter but this time with her foot stuck in the toy box (If you follow my posts this is the self-same toy box lid by which my niece broke her thumb. It has been screwed shut, but someone had unscrewed one side of the lid sometime in the last 48 hours) Fortunately I got to her before the cannibalism began. I was concerned about her foot for some time, but it looks like she'll be just fine!
Later we joined our friends for an afternoon at the park. Grace thought she was in heaven. She LOVES being outdoors. She and Beck were seriously unhappy when we had to go. Beck threw a raging fit until he crashed to sleep on the way home. As soon as we got home Grace ran out into the street:( just so she could stay outside. I took her into the back yard, screaming and protesting all the way. I think she was rather surprised that we ended up staying out of doors. We put her in her swing and all the kids played in the yard for a while. We even got a surprise visit from a garden snake (EWWwww not a fan) I came inside for a few minutes, but the other kids were still out there when one ran in and said "look at Grace!" I looked out the window and to my great surprise she was sound asleep, still swinging.
I finally got my quiet day-lol
2 comments:
wow what a day!!
I told my fam the Buck story...and we all had a SERIOUS laugh...doesn't preschool sound really good right now?
Post a Comment