If you have kids, and if you are brave enough to attempt family scripture study, I suspect that it goes something like this:
"and it came to pass that ...I SAID put that stick away and stop hitting your brother... that they came unto the place called... no you may NOT go to (friends name) we are in the middle of scriptures...where was I now?... O yeah... It came to pass.. get back in here, it it NOT time for dessert yet... It came to pass that...Stop laughing at you brother, we are TRYING to read here- oh wait that's funny- he's doing the 'Homer' lol.....is anyone following along...?"
I often find my head in my hands following another disastrous scripture study. But the other night I got a Mom's reward. These are the things that keep you going. Beck (or Buck) has decided he needs to 'read' too, so someone reads a few words and he repeats. So the other night we asked him if he was ready to read, he said "yes", opened to a random page and said "and it came to pass- now what?" When we stopped laughing, Addison helped him read a few lines and then Beck said, looking very tenderly at his brother, "Gank chew ah-son" which translated means "thank you Addison". I'll admit it was one of the tenderest moments we've had reading scriptures in a while:)
Harga Menu Warunk Upnormal 2018
8 years ago
2 comments:
Thats so sweet. I love those rewarding moments.
This brings back memories of when I was close to Buck's age. "And it came to pass.... that King Benjamin.... had another birthday party... and they all ate lucky Charms!" Love the story, love those kids, thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment